Your browser does not support JavaScript! How to Divorce Your Divorce Attorney | Martin Vermaak Attorneys - Divorce, Family and Commercial Law Attorneys

How To Divorce Your Divorce Attorney

HOME / How To Divorce Your Divorce Attorney

How To Divorce Your Divorce Attorney

If you’re in the process of divorcing your Spouse but you’re not happy with your Divorce Attorney, you can also divorce them. Why would you do that?

  • Because they seem to be taking a long time and not explaining why
  • Because they seem to be doing things you don’t want them to and not explaining why
  • Because it seems you’re a stranger in your own divorce and don’t know what’s going on
  • Because they don’t seem to be doing anything and they’re not keeping in touch with you
  • Because they say you will lose the house and not see the kids and it seems you have no rights or options
  • Because they’re doing what they think is best and no-one’s listening to you
  • Because your matter is coming up for Trial but you’ve lost confidence in your Attorneys and need a second opinion – there’s still enough time enough to get another Attorney to take over

Clearly you no longer have any confidence in your current Attorneys or their ability to handle your matter. You really wish you hadn’t instructed them but you feel you’re stuck with them to the end. It sounds a lot like a bad marriage; but you can divorce them. There are several steps to take in order to make a change but, generally speaking, here’s how to Divorce your Divorce Attorney:

  • Ask your friends, family, colleagues for referrals to a good Specialist Divorce Attorney
  • Check some websites on the internet of Specialist Divorce Attorneys and see if they speak to you
  • Phone some Attorneys that you like the look of and set up a consult for a 2nd opinion
  • If you feel you can trust, respect and feel comfortable with the new Attorney, and if they will take on your matter then you’ve found your new Attorney
  • Make sure you’ve paid up to date any accounts from your existing Attorney
  • Send them an email telling them they are no longer working under your instruction and asking them to withdraw as your Attorneys on Record
  • Make arrangement to, and collect your file from these Attorneys and take it to your new Attorneys
  • Pay the deposit they are requesting

Divorce of Attorneys over – let’s continue with the Divorce of the Spouse!

Read More:

What to do if you cannot locate your spouse and you want to get a divorce?

Book a Consultation

    Send me a copy